Intent to Donate Art
If you wish to offer an artwork to the museum, please follow the guidelines below.
For more information about art donations please contact Lourdes Ranero at 305-348-1192 or email email@example.com .
- Provide as much information as possible but at minimum the following: artist or maker, title, date, medium, dimensions, and provenance information (i.e., exhibition history and a verifiable history of ownership of the artwork).
- For archaeological and ethnographic materials, you must be able to show that the object was imported into the United States prior to 1970, or provide copies of written documentation showing that it was legally exported out of its country of origin after that date.
- The Frost Art Museum does not collect objects that contain hazardous materials, that are unethical to collect, or that violate federal or international laws or treaties.
- Provide digital images of artwork proposed for inclusion in the permanent collection (or a sample selection of artwork proposed for exhibition). Images may either be submitted as individual JPGs, a web site URL where the work can be viewed online, or a PDF of compiled images. (Please do not send original artwork)
- The museum only accepts unrestricted gifts. Once the artwork is received and the title has been transferred, the donation is irrevocable.
- The museum neither accepts unsolicited loans for exhibition purposes, long-term loans for storage purposes, nor purchases artwork from private individuals
- Send the above information via the form below.
- All proposals must be received digitally. Any materials submitted by regular mail will not be returned.
- The Frost Art Museum does not accept unsolicited, original artwork for consideration.
- Every effort will be made to review submissions and respond in a timely manner. The museum is unable to respond to submissions in which the work does not meet the stated criteria for collecting.
- For potential year-end gifts please provide all information for consideration no later than November 15th.
- Museum staff members are not available for unsolicited appointments. The Frost Art Museum does not provide the following services: identification, authentication, appraisal, conservation, art handling and/or installation, or pay for packing and shipping of art donations.